Monday 8 December 2014

Konichiwa


Hello - it's been ages since I last posted, but I have been super busy. Most excitingly, I was in Japan touring with my band which was fabulous fun. We did 2 shows in Tokyo, one of which was the legendary annual BACK FROM THE GRAVE Halloween party – 32 bands playing from 5pm to 5am – with a dressing room larger than the performance area and just as entertaining. We also played in Osaka and in Kobe, 1 hour away in the smallest venue I have ever been in, let alone played in. The bar was downstairs with a ladder leading up to the band room which wasn't much bigger than my bathroom. With the band and 7 go-go dancers there was unbelievably still room for 20 or so punters which made for a pretty crazy gig – only in Japan!


Clockwise from Left: Singing with my good friend Junko from Tigerlily;
Halloween Backstage; Halloween Onstage; The Bees Knees Bar in Kobe.
(All pics wearing me-made outfits)
Aside from the all the craziness and partying I did manage to slip in some fabric shopping - stay posted for my guide to fabric shops in Tokyo and Osaka coming soon.

Life's been crazily busy since we got back but I've managed to squeeze in a bit of sewing here and there when I can. As well a bit of gift sewing I whipped up these cat cushions for the house with some fabric purchased on my trip.


So, I'll bid you Sayonara until my next post and leave you with some cute Japanese cat photos :)


Clockwise from Left: Cat Pastries; Giant Cuddly Toy Cat; Godzilla Cats;
Sushi Cats!

4 comments:

  1. Argh! I ADORE your cat cushions! SO great. Also love hearing your touring anecdotes - sounds like you had a great time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ree! Cute cats - I just can't resist them! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a blast! Can't wait to see your fabric purchases. And i love the sushi cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? I love the expression on their faces. I need to go back now and get more :)

      Delete